Students are excited and preparing themselves for the upcoming event at #Timli. We are also receiving requests from students studying in cities and will announce the lucky three winners after 15th August.
This is the ISS side of the conversation as heard in the UK by M0JFP / James.
We managed to pick up the conversation on 145.800 FM using the Retevis RT-95 radio.
We hear the second question being answered, and loose signal after question 17 (listed below)
An International Space Station school contact has been planned with participants at Shri Timli Vidyapeet, Devikhet, India
on 27 Aug. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately 08:06 UTC. It is recommended that you start listening approximately 10 minutes before this time.The duration of the contact is approximately 9 minutes and 30 seconds. The contact will be a telebridge between OR4ISS and ON4ISS. The contact should be audible over Belgium and adjacent areas. Interested parties are invited to listen in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The contact is expected to be conducted in English.
Established in 1882, Shri Timli Vidyapeeth is a gateway to Vedic and global education and empowers an individual with the Vedic and Scientific Knowledge, Skills & Attitude enabling them to be a true Future Global Leader. Our campus is in Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand, a Himalayan state.
Shri Timli Vidyapeeth Students learn Vedic & 21st Century Life-Skills such as:
Vedic education in Sanskrit Language
Knowledge and Awareness of local Culture and Art
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Collaboration across Networks and Leading by Influence
Agility and Adaptability
Initiative and Entrepreneurship
Accessing and Analyzing Information
Participants will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:
1. Does space junk cause a potential problem for the Space Station?
2. Why don’t you run out of oxygen on the International Space Station?
3. What is it like being in zero gravity?
4. Have you ever seen an alien or a UFO?
5. Have you ever seen a black hole?
6. Do we use our all five senses in space?
7. Being an Astronaut, Do you believe in God?
8. How can a spacecraft fly in the absence of Air?
9. Do you get time to speak with your family and friends
10. What is the speed of life in space?
11. How will the Russian Cargo Ship change life in ISS?
12. Tell us how the AI robot (CIMON) is helping you there?
13. Which part of the world looks more beautiful from space?
14. Would you be a mentor for our School’s technology club?
15. Can you see fireworks on earth from the ISS?
16. Is your perspective for life changed after living in ISS?
17. How do you measure time in space?
18. Will we be able to travel in space as a visitor in future?
19. Your one message for all of us living in Himalayas?
20. What inspired you to become an astronaut?
21. Will there be smell in food if we keep it open for several days in space?